…a real one…
The ASW-28-18 is the open class version with 18 m wingspan wings of the regular ASW-28 made by the German company A. Schleicher, Flugzeugbau, great ship in its category. Many pilots were looking for an 18 m version of the ASW 28, and this motivated the manufacturer to carry over its excellent handling and elegant appearance in flight to the ASW 28-18. High aspect ration wings terminated by winglets provide exceptional performance. One look at this aircraft, and you immediately realise that the company was successful.
The 5-metre model to a scale of 1 : 3.6 is supplied ready for the installation of the RC system components. The white GRP fuselage features all essential internal fittings and connections as standard. The cockpit includes scale details such as safety harness and stick, and is complemented by the factory-fitted canopy with sliding window. The wings are of hollow-moulded GRP / CFRP sandwich construction, and are attached to the fuselage by means of a scale CFRP / steel spar joiner. This is a top-quality High-End model which is not only beautiful to behold; it also offers the model pilot an incomparable flying experience both at the slope and on a flat field.The model is very well reproduced and gets into the super scale class, with an outstanding cockpit interior, nicely applied decals and crafted by a master.
Flying is just amazing due to the acceptable wing loading it thermals well without any bad behaviour. It has very smooth and predictable handling, on the slope you will find that it has excellent energy retention and a nice flex in the wing.
- CFRP / GRP fuselage acryl white painted
- Ready-made four-part GRP wings, CFRP-reinforced acryl white painted
- Rectangular carbon wing joiner in hybrid carbon spar
- Factory-fitted 350 mm airbrakes
- GRP rudder and tailplane acryl white painted
- GRP winglets acryl white painted
- Retract unit installed in fuselage
- Vacuum-moulded canopy bonded to frame, trimmed to fit fuselage recess
- Factory-fitted canopy latch
- Fully fitted detailed cockpit, integral instrument binnacle
- Pre-cut self-adhesive decals
- Wing joiners, linkage components and various small hardware items
- Multi-lingual illustrated instructions
Wing Span: 5 m (197″)
Length: 1.78 m (70″)
Surface area: 87 dm2 (1359 po2)
Wing Airfoil: HQ 3/15-3/10
Flying Weight: 7,5 kg (212 oz)
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.