The Swift S-1, which first flew in 1991, is a development of Polish manufacturer Marganski & Myslowski located in Bielsko-Biala. Although it has been described as single-place all purpose sailplane, the Swift S-1 is optimized foraerobatic training with erect and inverted clearance of +10/-10 G with one person on board. The landing gear is retractable, and approach control is assisted by Schempp-Hirth airbrakes. This sailplane won the World Glider Aerobatic
Championships in France, 1995. Shortly after the Championships ended, promotional flights were arranged to enable top pilots to fly this aircraft. The Swift has since had several successes at other international competitions.
The fiberglass fuselage and rudder are finished flawlessly in white gel-coat. The canopy is glued tp fiberglass frame and comes complete with prepainted frame board. The wing is finished beautifully and ready for your aileron and spoiler servos. The foam core, obecchi sheeted, carbon fiber reinforced wings are easily removed for transportation. All these features give the Swift performance characteristics similar to a fully molded wing while still remaining very light and relatively inexpensive. The synergy of low weight and strong structure is very unusual in a production sailplane and can only be achieved with careful attention to design and construction. This model is considered one of the best values on the market today.
With its fiberglass fuselage and its carbon fiber reinforced, obecchi sheeted foam wings the Swift S-1 can handle full aerobatic routine. The careful use of composites with competition obechi, creates a good light structure that will hold its shape for a long time.
• two micro servos for the ailerons 3kg/cm of torque or more ( up to 12mm )
• two additional micro servos for the airbrakes ( up to 12mm )
• two standard servos ( 6kg/cm of torque or more ) for the elevator, rudder
• two standard servos ( 6kg/cm of torque or more ) retract and additional for aerotow – optional
• GRP fuselage in white gel-coat
• Foam-core, obecchi-sheeted two-piece wing with fiberglass reinforcement covered in ORACOVER
• Foam-core, obecchi-sheeted elevator with fiberglass reinforcement covered in ORACOVER
• Airbrakes already installed, functional
• high quality Fiberglass servo covers, pre cutted
• GRP rudder painted in white gel-coat
• Vacuum-moulded canopy bonded to frame, trimmed to fit fuselage with white painted edge
• Factory-fitted canopy latch
• Pre-cut self-adhesive stickers
• Wing joiners, linkage components and various small hardware items
• Multilingual illustrated instructions
Scale – 1:5
Wing Span – 2,6 m
Length – 1.39m
Wing Area – 47 dm2
Wing Airfoil – NACA 64
Wing Loading – 77 g/dm2
Flying Weight – 3.6 kg
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.