…the real one…
The Duo Discus is a high-performance two-seat sailplane with a wingspan of 20 m. The aerodynamically efficient wings are fitted with winglets which contribute to improved performance when circling, especially at high angles of bank. The winglets also reduce the minimum sink rate.
Like the full-size machine, our 1 : 6.5 scale model looks superbly elegant in the air. This is due to the forward-swept wings and the sweptback leading edge of the outboard panels.
The model is supplied with the final finish already applied. The wings are produced in a mould, with ailerons cut out and integral winglets; the airbrakes are also factory-installed. The wing joiner components and retract system are already in place in the fuselage. The tailplane and rudder are also moulded GRP items. The clear canopy is supplied already bonded to the frame. The final work required to complete the aircraft is essentially limited to the installation of the receiving system components.
The wing section chosen for our Duo Discus combines amazingly good low-speed performance with downright breathtaking penetration, and offers very good all-round handling. This machine is a scale model which is just as much at home behind an aero-tow tug as it is on the winch and at the slope.
• two micro servos for the ailerons ( 9mm )
• two additional micro servos for the airbrakes ( 9mm )
• four micro servos ( up to 12mm ) for the elevator, rudder, retract and additional for aerotow
• GRP fuselage with painted in acrylic white color
• Already installed retract gear with wheel 70mm
• Ready-made GRP wing panels, CFRP-reinforced painted in acrylic white color
• Airbrakes already installed, functional
• high quality Fiberglass servo covers, pre cutted
• GRP rudder and tailplane painted in acrylic white color
• Vacuum-moulded canopy bonded to frame, trimmed to fit fuselage with white painted edge
• Factory-fitted canopy latch
• Vacuum-moulded seat shell, nice scale looking, completely finished
• Pre-cut self-adhesive stickers
• Wing joiners, linkage components and various small hardware items
• Multilingual illustrated instructions
Scale – 1:6,5
Wing Span – 3070 mm
Length – 1.36m (53″)
Wing Area – 41 dm2
Wing Airfoil – HQ 3/15
Wing Loading – 68 g/dm2
Flying Weight – 3000 g
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.