The ASW-28 is a nice semi-scale reproduction of the T-tail glider produced by the German company A. Schleicher, Flugzeugbau, currently in production. It is the constant evolution of the ASW series and is the new standard class glider. Improvements are triple taper leading edge and high aspect ratio winglets.
This is not a kit; the model comes completely built, and ready for radio installation. Only a few hours are required, before you go to the field. The wings hollow molded as any other surface (rudder, elevator). Airbrakes are installed and ready to be connected by the mean of a micro servo in the wing. The high gloss, acryl painted fiberglass fuselage has the wing joiner carrying tubes and the rudder control tube installed. Retract is installed and functional. Small package hardware and a short building instruction are completing the kit.
This model is well suited for everyday flying; it does well from a histart on good thermal days. Flying is just amazing due to the acceptable wing loading it thermals well without any bad behavior. It has very smooth and predictable handling; on the slope you will find that it has excellent energy retention. Building and flying require some skill, thus the designation of intermediate pilot.
• two micro servos for the ailerons ( 9mm )
• two additional micro servos for the airbrakes ( 9mm )
• four micro servos ( up to 12mm ) for the elevator, rudder, retract and additional for aerotow
• GRP fuselage with painted in acrylic white color
• Ready-made GRP wing panels, CFRP-reinforced painted in acrylic white color
• Airbrakes already installed, functional
• high quality Fiberglass servo covers, pre cutted
• GRP rudder and tailplane painted in acrylic white color
• Vacuum-moulded canopy bonded to frame, trimmed to fit fuselage with white painted edge
• Factory-fitted canopy latch
• Vacuum-moulded seat shell, nice scale looking, completely finished
• Pre-cut self-adhesive stickers
• Wing joiners, linkage components and various small hardware items
• Multilingual illustrated instructions
Scale – 1:5
Wing Span – 3 m (118″)
Length – 1.36m (53″)
Wing Area – 43 dm2 (666 sq. in.)
Wing Airfoil – S 3010
Wing Loading – 58 g/dm2 (10.7 oz/sq. ft.)
Flying Weight – 2.5 kg (20 oz)
Returns and Exchanges
There are a few important things to keep in mind when returning a product you purchased.You can return unwanted items by post within 7 working days of receipt of your goods.
- You have 14 calendar days to return an item from the date you received it.
- Only items that have been purchased directly from Us.
- Please ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
Ship your item back to Us
Firstly Print and return this Returns Form to:
30 South Park Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94108, USA
Please remember to ensure that the item you are returning is repackaged with all elements.
For more information, view our full Returns and Exchanges information.